Making sure our tenants have great experience with Grays & Co. in the search for, application, tenancy and vacation of a property is critically important for us, our landlord clients and of course, our tenants. While we can’t guarantee you find the perfect property, succeed in beating competition to apply for it and experience no mishaps such as burst pipes or fallen fences we will do all we can to assist you in your search and stay.
Communication is key to this and from your first contact with us we aim to make sure we give you the information you need.
· We will do what we can to accommodate your viewing request time and give you the information you need about the property you view.
· When you decide to apply for a property through us we’ll get your application form to you as quickly as we can.
· We’ll check it ourselves and discuss with our landlord to make sure it looks safe before we ask you for an administration fee.
· We will not accept multiple administration fees from applicants chasing one property. If we take a fee from you and we expect you to get the property, assuming your application is accurate and complete, you will.
· We do not have blanket rules regarding pets and housing benefit. We will discuss it with our clients and treat all applications on the individual merits.
· We will consult with you over move in dates.
· We will prepare a comprehensive full colour inventory to protect your bond and our client’s investment.
· We will hold your bond in a ring fenced client monies account and register it with MyDeposits.
· We will respond promptly to maintenance issues raised through our reporting form and try and get them resolved as quickly as possible.
· We provide you with plenty of notice of inspection visits.
· We aim to avoid any deductions from bonds to cover dilapidations and will provide you with guidance during your tenancy if we have concerns so you have time to respond before you vacate.
· We are members of The Property Ombudsman scheme and are licensed members of the National Association of Estate Agents/NFOPP.
Your long and happy tenancy of a property through us is good for you, good for our landlord client and therefore good for us.
For more information contact your local office or Grays & Co. agent, search for property via this site or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01482 240234.
If you choose to rent a property via Grays & Co. there will be some fees that you are liable for before, and potentially during, the tenancy as well as the advertised rent. These are as follows:
Referencing and Set Up Admin Fee of:
£180 (incl VAT) for first tenant
£60 (incl VAT) for subsequent tenants, guarantors or permitted occupiers. (This fee is non-refundable unless the landlord decides not to proceed after your referencing comes back as accepted).
Tenancy Renewal Fee of:
£90 (incl VAT)
Bond A bond typically equivalent to one months rent will be required but that may vary dependent on your circumstances (ie: Pets) or a landlords instructions. All bonds held by Grays & Co. are registered with MyDeposits www.mydeposits.co.uk though 'Let Only' landlords may use other schemes.
When is the administration fee payable? Technically, when you submit an application form for a property providing us with the information to put it to referencing. In practice though, we will review the application and discuss with the landlord before requesting the fee and applying for references. We do this to try and prevent any failure to pass referencing and subsequent forfeiture of the admin fee. Payment of the admin fee will also act as a holding fee and we will cease active marketing of the property pending your application.
If you require any further information regarding fees please contact your local branch office or the lettings team who can be reached at email@example.com or by phoning 01482 240234.