Useful to know

I am not going to be responsible for the rent, do I still need to be referenced?

Anyone over the age of 18, must be referenced and placed on the tenancy if they are to be occupying the property full time.

If I required a guarantor, who can this be?

You are able to have anyone as a guarantor, provided they pass the relevant criteria.
They must have income of 3x the annual or monthly rent.
They are required to pass a credit check.

Do you accept DSS or Housing Benefit?

We consider each property and interested party on a case by case basis and ulitmately take our clients instructions on whether they wish to accept a tenant.  

Do you except pets?

This is up to the discretion of each landlord. We would recommend contacting us with details of your pets, breeds, age etc. for us to provide to the landlord for their consideration.

My partner would like to move in with me, what do I need to do?

The landlord must agree to your partner moving in and may request that they are referenced. They will be required to be added onto a tenancy agreement. This will be done at the expense of the tenant. Reference admin fee is £60 inc Vat and a re-issued contact is £90 inc VAT.

How much notice do I need to give if I want to leave a property? What do I need to do?

You are required to give a rental term notice. If you pay your rent monthly we require a months’ notice from your next rent due date. This must be in writing via either letter or email.

Is the admin fee refundable if I don’t succeed in getting the property?

An admin fee will only be requested after a desktop assessment of your application by us and a discussion with the landlord. We do this to trya dn avoid taking any fee from you unneccessarily. If for any reason your references come back and suggest you have ommitted or failed to disclose anything that prevents you from passing your referencing then your admin fee is non-refundable.

We will not take multiple administration fees and applications for one property at the same time.

If the landlord decides they no-longer wish to rent the property to you after a successful application, the fee will be refunded.

What is your short term tenancy duration?

Our standard Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement is a minimum term of 6 months. There may be rare occasions that this is possible to reduce, however it is uncommon for this to be done so.  If you would prefer longer please let us know and we will ask the landlord.

Where does my deposit go?

If the property is managed by ourselves your deposit will be registered with, this is an insured deposit scheme and your deposit will be held in our ringfenced deposit account.
If your property is not manged by us, your landlord will hold it and is required by law to register it with either the above deposit scheme, the TDS Insured deposit scheme or DPS a custodial deposit scheme.

Occasionally, we will agree to hold deposits on behalf of 'let only' properties in which case it is treated exactly the same as in 'managed cases'. 

Get in touch

Beverley Hub: 01482 867979

Commercial: 01482 240211

Pocklington Hub: 01759 305265


Grays & Co (Holdings) Ltd Company: 05306239